We aim to recruit high quality graduates who demonstrate a commitment to a teaching career.
You will need the following qualifications for entry on to the programme.
- A degree – awarded by a UK university or a recognised equivalent qualification (2.2 or above)
- GCSE English, Maths & Science grade C or above
Further information available via the Education.gov website. Please click here to view
Fitness to Teach
Safeguarding is paramount, and all applicants will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS and Criminal records check). A criminal record won’t necessarily prevent trainees from becoming a teacher though they will need to disclose any criminal convictions, cautions or bind-overs and agree to an enhanced criminal check. This enables us to identify those who are barred from working with children and vulnerable adults.
Tes Institute, provider of the programme, is committed to promoting access for people with disabilities and additional needs. Tes Institute supports and enables students with physical disabilities, sensory impairments, specific learning difficulties, special psychological needs and medical conditions that can have an impact on day-to-day activities, to participate in and successfully complete Tes Institute programmes, as far as is reasonably practicable and within any constraints laid down by relevant professional bodies.
To this end, Tes Institute will:
- Encourage applications from people with disabilities
- Seek to provide information in suitable formats to accommodate individual needs
- Judge applicants who disclose disabilities or specific needs solely on the basis of their academic potential
- Invite applicants with a disability or specific need to contact Tes Institute to discuss how their requirements can be accommodated
- Provide additional support or resources at the application stage to enable the applicant to complete the application process including attending interview where applicable
- Offer additional provision to ensure there is no disadvantage compared with other applicants
- Work towards the earliest possible assessment of needs and offer of reasonable accommodations where required
- Make reasonable accommodations in assessment where applicable and without impacting the learning outcomes to be assessed
- Provide educational support services as appropriate and applicable for eligible students
- Take steps to encourage students with progressive conditions, or who become disabled during their programme of study, to continue their studies
- Promote an inclusive environment and attitude at Tes Institute and endeavour to provide appropriate training to staff and faculty where required
Eligibility to study in the UK
If trainees are not a British National they must ensure they are eligible to study in the UK, via the Home Office.
Qualities & Characteristics
Here are some of the qualities, values and attributes we are looking for in our trainees to ensure they have the drive and motivation to become outstanding teachers
- Friendly and approachable
- Creative and imaginative
- Patient and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Reflective and honest
- Good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Passionate about teaching and learning