Initial Teacher Training is a school based route into teaching.
As an ITT trainee training with Teach London South East and our ITT provider, Tes Institute, you will learn alongside inspiring and passionate outstanding teachers, whilst experiencing the pleasures and challenges of working in a school.
Successful ITT Trainees will gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to achieve a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
Why choose an Initial Teacher Training Programme?
Our ITT programme is a unique opportunity to work as a member of a school team and learn about teaching from dedicated, experienced professionals in schools. Your practical teacher training will be supplemented by high quality online learning sessions written by practising teachers and academics from the world of education.
Teach London South East and Tes Institutes's ITT programme will allow you to:
- Train on either a full time or part time route.
- Work in a school alongside teaching professionals, learning from experienced practitioners as part of a team.
- Train to prepare and deliver your own lessons and in time, take shared responsibility for your own classes.
- Gain contrasting experience in a second partnership school.
- Access supporting online study sessions 24/7 that focus on the theory and practice of teaching and learning.
- Benefit from the support of an in-school mentor and a Tes Institute pathway tutor to guide and facilitate effective progress towards QTS.
- Be part of a network of School Direct partnership schools.
- Gain QTS with an option to add PGCE.
- it may be possible to increase your subject knowledge with online Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) course.
- You could possible fund your training through bursaries, scholarships and career development loans with flexible payment options.