Initial Teacher Training
Initial Teacher Training is a school based route into teaching. As an ITT trainee, training with Teach London South East and our ITT provider – Tes Institute, you will learn alongside inspiring and passionate outstanding teachers, whilst experiencing the pleasures and challenges of working in a school. Successful ITT trainees will gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to achieve a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
We offer two ITT Primary Teacher Training Programmes. This includes:
- Primary Teacher (no specialism)
- Primary as a Maths Specialist
- For more information visit- https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options/training-to-teach-primary-subjects/training-to-teach-primary-as-a-maths-specialist
Delivery of our Initial Teacher Training programme
The ITT programme is delivered in our partnership schools through:
- In-school teacher training
- Working with experienced teachers
- Gradually taking lessons alongside training and in time taking shared responsibility for pupils
- Attending school professional studies and professional development training
- Weekly meetings with an experienced mentor
- Working as a member of the school team and community of trainee teachers
Online teaching courses
Throughout the teacher training course, trainees will participate in online learning via an innovative and interactive e-learning platform. You will have the equivalent of one day per week for your online study.
If you opt to undertake the PGCE course as well as QTS, you will also benefit from access to our partner University’s e-library when completing PGCE assignments.
An important part of the delivery of the programme is the use of pathway tutors. Trainee’s personal pathway tutors will mentor and work with them to develop their online work and will visit and support them in school. A pathway tutor is a specialist who provides you with regular feedback on you progress and coaches and mentors you on subject knowledge and teaching-skill development.
For more information visit our ITT provider https://www.tes.com/institute/